Opportunities available for skilled control electricians. Prefer persons highly skilled / trained in control cable termination. Must be able to read and interpret schematics and wiring diagrams. Work is associated with electric substations and will require safety training (to be provided). Candidates should have a background in industrial or substation controls. Prefer possession of a valid commercial driver’s license. Must possess a minimum of a valid driver’s license and be able to obtain a CDL within 90 days. Long term assignments in the Carolinas. Pay commensurate with qualifications and experience. Overnight travel required Paid per diem where eligible. Great benefits including health insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, vacation, holiday pay, and 401K with an Employee Owned and Operated Company.
Seeking substation relay technicians to join our team. Position requirements include:
- Experience in substation protection and controls systems
- Developing drawings and specifications for protection and controls systems
- Familiarity with AutoCAD and/or MicroStation
- Calibration, testing and programming of protective relays
- Functional testing protection and control systems
- Calculation of fault currents and relay settings.
We are centrally located in Raleigh near NC State University. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and a great work environment.
Overnight travel required.
Minimum of 2 to 3 years’ experience in all facets of substation construction including civil, structural, and electrical. Should be familiar with steel erection and bus/switch installation up to 230kV. Upcoming projects in VA, MD, DC, and DE. Possession of CDL A or B preferred or the ability to obtain a CDL within 60 days of employment. Top pay / Great Benefits with an employee owned and operated company. Download and print application from this website – complete and forward to 3101 Warbro Rd. Midlothian, VA 23112 or fax to (804)744-7249.
Mnimum of 5 years’ experience in facets of substation construction to include:
- Layout and foundation installation
- Conduit/cable trough installation
- Installation of grounding systems
- Site recovery
- Steel erection
- Switch installation
- Major equipment installation
- Installation of bus – wire – leads
- Applicable safety guidelines ( prefer OSHA 10 minimum)
Ability to foster teamwork and build customer relationships essential. Opportunities in DC, MD, DE, and VA. Please download application from this website and forward to C. W. Wright Const. Substation Div. 13210 Kingston Ave., Chester VA 23836 or fax to (804)744-7249.